Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Family Needs

Please continue to remember my family in prayer. There are job concerns, money concerns, health concerns, relational concerns. It is hard to hear from them about their troubles and not have the ability to do much for them.

Some of you have been asking about Kelley. The last check-up she had, there was no outwardly visible sign of the cancer. However, Kelley is experiencing some internal pain, and the doctor would like to perform an MRI to check that.

My brother Greg continues to hang in there with the congestive heart failure, but now a new problem is rearing its head: His mitral valve (also in the heart) is leaking blood in a way that is causing his cardiologist some concern. We don't know what any of this means for the future, but God does, and we're trusting Him.

My grandmother's health is fading. My dad is not 100 percent. My mom is tired and overwhelmed. Any of you who have watched family members struggle know that this watching is a difficult thing to do. So as you pray for them, please pray also for me, that this sense of helplessness would draw me nearer to the Father who knows and cares about each of these needs.

To Him be the glory.

No comments: