Saturday, June 14, 2008

Who's Next?

I have had such a fun week. My friend and colleague Mindy had a team visiting from her home church in Columbia, South Carolina. Mindy guaranteed that joy and laughter would be part of the package deal if I helped her. Did that team ever deliver! I had so much fun, and the best of it was that these folks came with a heart for knowing the ministry better and for encouraging the Christian workers here and for generally being a blessing to the Lord's work here. I got to join them as we prayed together and visited and taught English at a middle school in the very densely populated neighborhood where I attend a tiny church plant, and they came to the English Club that I help at in the same neighborhood. And their prayerfulness, enthusiasm, and joyful transparent faith made a noticeable difference. I am so thankful for this team.

I am also excited about future visits from other teams. This summer, I will be at English camp again with a team from Kenosha Bible Church in Wisconsin. Go, KBC! I had so much fun getting to know some of these folks last summer, and this year the team has changed up a bit, so I get to meet still more friends as they involve themselves in Kingdom work here. For a week, we will teach, play with, feed, encourage, entertain, and generally befriend a campful of Czech teens. It has pleased the Lord to make disciples out of this ministry in the past, and I am so excited about this upcoming year as we base our lessons on the lives of people of great faith from the Bible. Please be praying for well prepared soil for the seeds that will be sown there.

So who else will I be seeing in the coming months? I would love to welcome any of you here, show you "my" town, share the ministries here with you, and give you a vision of the exciting things God is bringing about here. Short-term teams--doing everything from teaching English to plastering walls to playing soccer (sorry...football here)--are an important addition to the long-term work. We have many camps during the summer that would benefit from a short-term team, but we could put you to use at other times of the year too. Will you consider being part of this? Think it over! Then contact me if you would like to consider putting together a team to come here. Looking forward to seeing you this side of the ocean!

No comments: